Thursday, July 23, 2009

z++

R ankle is slowly improving, L shoulder is improving a bit faster? Then again assess-reassess is focused on L shoulder active ROM which amazingly varies a lot in the sticking point whether I do lateral ankle tilts (was responding well over wknd but now it depends), hanging knee (usually good), hip circles w/ external rehab (generally good), camshafts (sometimes), wrist circles (not happy), thoracic A/P glides (mostly good).

I guess that means that my R ankle and L wrist are a lil peeved so it's easier to address L shoulder & hip issues first, and of those hip first as that's not the site of any pain. My thoracic spine musculature was a lil sore today/yesterday which is a good thing cuz that's not typical!

Over the wknd def felt more blood flow around scapula/lat interface, and now around R ankle talus. As they (Lewit) say, "He who treats the site of pain is lost!"

On a good note my adductors have been feelin strong ever since they got re-activated some weeks ago. L quad soreness mostly gone from the wknd and have been workin on vision training here and there. Wasn't going to scrimmage today since my R ankle still feels iffy (although better than it was last week or a few weeks ago I think), but I decided to do so anyway and just take Sat/Tues day off playing/practice.

It kind of sucks not to train harder, but I also know that it's very easy for me to push myself/body harder than they can recover from, esp since I'm soo sensitive to neural training, physical training / food / people... I guess instead of doing jump rope / running I can program in some light TGUs when my quad cleans up (a few days I expect), some gentle Kbell swings, and of course keeping up the MVC-type calf raises focusing on the eccentric.

Z-wise hip/knee circles and thoracic A/P glides are probably the keys, secondarily camshafts, at least for the next few weeks, a little I-phase here and there as well.

Tough though, I beat my body up so much during the day at work, and have been trying to push it there too as well as work through a number of emotional sticking points, that just gotta not be surprised when my corrective practice moves slowly (be patient) and just remember that I don't have the luxury of focusing full-time on my athletics or self-dev as a PT! But grateful I have time enough to make progress slowly, at least by the metric of measured months.

Thanks again to LeslieC and the other Z crew!

No comments: