Friday, July 10, 2009

RICE?

Last night's game was pretty good,

started off 4-0 pfly, our zone D was working great & generating turns
pretty soon was closer to 4-5,
then 6-8, they took half.
down by two with 5 min to play!
hard cap, almost but not quite :)

I played okay for not having trained or practiced last week rly. Conditioning was okay, not great, but to be expected (didn't end up training on Wed, too tired/busy). Strength okay, not great, to be expected from focusing on health and mobility rather than strength and speed.

What I did realize half way through was that my R ankle was superrr tight. I did some calf contract-release cycles and SMR / massage to work on that, and intentionally tried to relax the joint and let the calf take up that slack, and that helped soo much second half of the game!

I've been training in Vibrams for almost a month now, pretty much every day, but it's been good to take a back-off few days with Nike Free 3.0v2s... Sure my feet are stronger, but if my joints are hella or even somewhat tight, it's not going to help my movement in the end!!

No comments: