Tuesday, February 9, 2010

post-vegas

long time no blog! after davis, had monday practice which was ok, handler practice (work on zone O & punching through, work on me & ash distance comfort), wed S&C w/ sticky mainly, thursday drive out to vegas!!

friday 3 games, L W L (see email to Wiley / Wires et al. about how those went). conditioning better than Davis but not as good as first tourney @ Santa Barbara, interesting. good strength though still..

saturday only had 1 game so could really hit it and do well w/ intensity. i guess i hold back much more easily if i'm playing 3-5 games a day vs 1 game..

oh yea and did 20.4kg (45lb) unilateral oly plate MP for first time last wed!

but yea at ucsb LBP was limiting factor, at davis was more conditioning/mental, at vegas was less so esp on day 2. need to improve man D (sticking closer). had some nice upline vs HBells on day 1, a few high-release bhs, and even a lil I/O break.

sunday drove back.

today (mon) practice, realizing that my team usually wins scrimmages ^_^, conditioning could use work, esp w/ multiple cuts in that charlie brown type V V V V drill. do i need any SST? lactate-type threshold. was trying to figure out why i felt better at UCSB, well minus the LBP.. maybe it was more rest in winter break? nutrition? stationary bike or rope work? my log doesn't seem detailed enough to suggest, hm. yea dunno, need to learn more about conditioning..

1 comment:

FRANKIE FAIRES said...

Hello "resrie," whoever you are...

My name is Frankie
and I am the creator of GYM MOVEMENTS.

I read your thoughtful critique
on a now deleted DD thread
and had intended to answer your concerns
but now I cannot.

If you would like to hear my feedback on your feedback, please mail it to me at:
frankiefaires@mac.com.

Best,
fF