Thursday, May 21, 2009

variety day

Having a bummer of a week... this quarter has been surprisingly non-bummer-y but I suspect I'm hitting a post-season low :(

Anyway, had a variety day at home and then some friends wanted to hit the gym so I agreed even though I've been avoiding the inside gym for the quarter.

Z ankle/lower body warmup--surprisingly somewhat loose, adductor work everyday has helped. Foam roll on medial calf muscles.. I think the peroneus brevis? is noticably less tight / painful for the same road volume in previous months... so I think the Free 3.0 has helped there, plus also just working on easy light running form & hip mobility etc. Calves pretty good too, I think I worked out the major knots over the last few weeks.

12kg 1/2 TGU practice
8kg TGUs (odd, my left wrist TFC seems okay but it's the opposing soft tissue that feels weird. Strange. Been laying off the climbing / pressing anyway.
3x8 8kg Goblet Sq practice (feelin pretty good)
3x8 8kg Sw practice

break

Hand walk up dynamics
Spiderman crawl dynamics practice (note to self: stay low, reach w/ opp hand fwd)
Mounting/unmounting to open hips
RKC arm bar
Headstand practice cuz Greg wanted to
Pistol practice (can go down pretty stable on right side, left side needs more stability work but ankle mobility is getting there on L side!)

3x5 40lb plate deep squats
backwards lunge warmup

15-20 min rope work (mix of bounce, alternate step, power jump, cross-over), stay low
intermixed w/ DB farmer-type lunges / pistol practice / deep squat form practice

3 reps of 90lb DL for fun
OHS practice, 20 lb bar, 25 lb barbell
cooldown
birddogs
side planks
pyramid sets of Cook hip lifts (feeling more stable, a bit stronger, doing more than 1 set now)
stretching

edamame + chia fresca

No comments: